Broadband Connection Vouchers are available to Small or Medium Enterprises (SMEs) if:
- Your business is within an eligible area one of the 22 cities taking part in the scheme. Check your postcode to find out if you’re eligible
- You are a SME, registered charity, social enterprise or sole trader
- Installation of your new broadband connection will cost over £100
- The connection is for your business premises. You can apply for a connection at home if this is your main work base, but this does not apply if you work from home occasionally
- You are willing to sign up to a minimum 6 month contract with your broadband supplier
- The broadband service you select delivers a speed or performance improvement on your current connection. There are some detailed requirements on speed that you should check before applying
- You have not received more than around £120,000 in grants in the last 3 years
You can also take a look via the eligibility checker.
Some cities operate additional eligibility rules depending on your business sector. Please check your city’s webpage for more information.
The Connection Voucher Scheme can only be used by Small to Medium size Enterprises
as defined by the European Commission. The same rules apply to charities and not for profit organisations
Please consider the following 5 eligibility criteria:
- You employ less than 249 people or volunteers
- You have a turnover of less than €50m (around £41m) and/or have a balance sheet
of less than €43m (around £35.5m)
- You have received less than €200k in public grants in the last 3 years
- You do not operate in sector which is excluded from the Scheme*
- You do not have a parent company or linked enterprise which does not meet the eligibility criteria
If you cannot answer YES to any of the 5 questions above your organisation may not be eligible to apply and you should contact your city to check before proceeding with your application.